feed 6 to 8 people
3 to 4 pieces bone-in and boneless short ribs per person, cut into same size
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
3 to 4 carrots
12 to 15 mushrooms
2 large cans Guinness, 1 bottle light beer
1 liter beef stock
1 rosemary sprigs, 2 sprigs of thyme
2 cups cipollini onions or pearl onions, peeled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Working in batches, brown short ribs, about 2 minute per side, transfer to a large metal tray using kitchen tongs and set aside.
- Once your done with the ribs, in your pot or Dutch oven over at medium heat sweat the yellow onion, then the garlic.
- Add your short brown ribs and half the carrots back in your pot, dredge short ribs with flour, coating all sides, add all the beer and beef stock bring to a simmer.
- Add rosemary, thyme a touch of salt and pepper, place in the oven no cover for 3 1/2 hours.
- Roast the cipollini onions on a tray with a touch of olive oil then set aside.