Saturday, March 5, 2011

Cancun

Cancun
Hola!
At the time you are reading this my feet will be in the sand of a Cancun beach. Kristin and I are taking a well deserved and much needed 7 days of all inclusive “RnR”.
 
I have never been to a vacation where all my meals are to come from the same 3 restaurants all week. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I am a little worried that the selection may not be all that great and on the other hand I really look forward to not cooking anything for a week. Even if you are a chef who enjoys eating as much as cooking, you may not necessarily want to have to cook every single day.  Once in a while each year I get in a blasé mood where I can’t find anything exciting to eat. Nothing works, nothing is really blowing my mind or nothing really sparks my chef’s taste buds.
This is usually when I go back to basics and cook dishes that resonate with me from my past. Comfort food from when I was a child or maybe a dish I ate once when I was having a pleasurable holiday somewhere. While you’re on holiday things are great but a few months later you are back into your routine and not thinking about those great feelings you were having while on holiday. Cooking dishes usually brings back those memories for me and helps me get out of that culinary rut I get into.
I understand that in an inclusive holiday package a big portion of the money saved can be the alcohol consumption from 11am to 11pm.  My buddy Neil did mention one good point to me the other day - he said “you chose an all inclusive resort, but why, you don’t drink or barely drink.” I guess my 4 beers a month aren’t considered enough to be qualified as a drinker. Well, I plan on having a good time and letting loose, I might even have a beer a day since it is included in my package J
uno más cerveza por favor (one more beer please)

No comments:

Post a Comment